The Church of All Saints, Mixbury is a member of the Shelswell group of parishes.
Mixbury is one of the smaller villages in the Benfice and most of the houses were built in the 1880's to house people working on the expansion of the railways.
The name 'Mixbury' is understood to mean 'fortification near dung heap'
All Saints church is to be found in the centre of the village and evolved from a wooden building, to its
classic Norman style not long after the Norman conquest.
Like many churches, it was subsequently renovated in Victorian times.
A complete history of Mixbury can be found on the British History Online website
|4th. February||11th. February||14th. February
|18th. February||25th. February||4th. March|
Mixbury Half Hour