The church of St Mary & St Edburga, Stratton Audley is a member of the Shelswell group of parishes.
The village, being located on the old Roman road from Alchester to Towcester, takes its name from Stratone (street), with Audley being added in the 13th. century, after the Audley family who held the manor.
The church of St Mary & St Edburga is to be found in the centre of the village,
has vestiges of Saxon and Norman elements but predominaintly owes its current style to the 13th., 14th., and 15th. centuries
Within the church, is a plain medieval font, a beautiful Jacobean pulpit and an enormous 17th. century baroque monument to a member of the Borlase family, who built the manor in 1545.
A brief history of the village may be found here
|2nd. December||9th. December||16th. December||23rd. December||24th. December||25th. December|
Sunday 30th. December